Terms of Service: IP Filter tickets are placed in the case of a DDoS attack against your website.
DDoS or Designated Denial of Service, is an overflow of information packets sent to an IP address (usually by malicious PCs) from a different or single location. An IP filter is placed when the attack is coming from multiplying locations and we are not able to block all of them, but have to suspend target IP of affected domain until the attack slows down or stops entirely.
How to resolve:
1. Switch IP address of your domain to another one (e.g. from Shared IP to Dedicated). Please Note: You will want to make sure that you have dedicated IPs available with in your account. When making this change you will want to account for DNS Propagation, which can take between 12 and 24 hours.
2. Filter traffic and packets using an advanced service which secures and accelerates websites. One of the most popular services is https://www.cloudflare.com/
3. If you believe DDoS could be caused by web site infection – submit a new request to perform a scan of your account to our support staff and we will be happy to assist.
The system automatically filters targeted IP-address for a certain period of time depending on recurrence (usually 2-5 hours) and we do not manually lift the block.
How to avoid:
1. Make sure that all 3rd party applications that are installed within your domains are up -to-date. Make sure that all their modules, plugins, and templates are up to date as well.
2. Complete a full virus and malware scan on all computers that have access to upload files to your sites.